Merlin333 Poker Forum
Merlin333 Poker Forum
Merlin333 Poker Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online No Limit Poker Player's Forum

HomeHome  InFoPageInFoPage  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  No Limit PokerNo Limit Poker  

Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tilton
Apprentice
Apprentice
tilton

Male
Number of posts : 11
Favorite Poker Site and Achievement : Pokerstars..... finished 57th in the World Bloggers event , 2007
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player   Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Knowing how many times I "represented" aces after the flop, it's hard for me to fold KK even after an ace flops, let alone before the flop. I just try to keep the pot small, if possible. I was eliminated twice in the past two days with pocket kings.... so my strategy is weak in this area.
Back to top Go down
http://www.railbirds.com/rails/tilton101/
try2beatthis
Visitor
Visitor
try2beatthis

Male
Number of posts : 1
Favorite Poker Site and Achievement : Ultimatebet
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player   Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:22 pm

Online I don't think I would ever be able to fold KK preflop.......but live there would be a better chance of folding since you can get more information
Back to top Go down
Merlin333
Merlin333
Merlin333

Male
Number of posts : 355
Jon Holt : Jon /Merlin333
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player   Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 7:17 pm

It would be difficult, I think I may have been busted!!! I laid them down before when Aces boarded and online it was highly probably the better to my right had an ace. As it turned out I was right - that time. More often than not online, when I said "the hell with it show me", I was busted.

Merlin333 Cool
Back to top Go down
ROYALKNIGHT
Apprentice
Apprentice
ROYALKNIGHT

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player   Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 8:46 pm

I dont know If i could lay down KK preflop. In matter of fact I know I wouldnt. I guess thats why I dont have a bankroll.
Back to top Go down
vger76
Grand Wizard
Grand Wizard
vger76

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player   Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:15 pm

I wish I had his ability to read his opponents hands.. I ran into that situation, estimated the odds of me having KK on a new deck, first hand of the game, when some one pushed all in and I quickly said no way does he have Aces and I called. Guess what. he had the rockets and they held up.

OO this was a life $150 buyin, with 200+ ppl and a 30-35K prize pool.

And YES I hit the bar for a long nite!!!

GLA
Back to top Go down
Merlin333
Merlin333
Merlin333

Male
Number of posts : 355
Jon Holt : Jon /Merlin333
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player   Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 7:17 am

Daniel Negreanu :

Spoken Regarding a hand he folded Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player Card_KdDaniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player Card_Kh pre-flop based on his read of an opponent Daniel said . "If you never try to play above the rim and just make automatic decisions based solely on the numbers, you simply never will become an elite poker player.

excerpt from "Deal Magazine" I take
this to mean that while formulas are part of the game it is more important to know when a standard approach may work and when to try
something else.

Imagine sports teams doing the high "percentage" tactic everyplay. A baseball team can't win by trying for singles everytime, abasketball team by layups or a footbal team by the home run. It is knowing when the bunt, homerun, the layup, the 3 pointer, the run, the 50 yardpass is the right chance to take at the time. Of course no team liveson long shots, its the blend with the sure thing that does it. There are times in poker when a less than what may be the standard approach can win.

Merlin: (this is usually hands the namecallers don't have a clue what is really happening)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player   Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daniel Negreanu on becoming an elite poker player
Page 1 of 1