Merlin333 Poker Forum
Merlin333 Poker Forum
Merlin333 Poker Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online No Limit Poker Player's Forum

HomeHome  InFoPageInFoPage  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  No Limit PokerNo Limit Poker  

PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday

Go down 
2 posters

What was your experience with PDC Poker?
Excellent
PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_vote_lcap0%PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Good
PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_vote_lcap50%PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Poor
PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_vote_lcap50%PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Horrible
PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_vote_lcap0%PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Merlin333
Merlin333
Merlin333

Male
Number of posts : 355
Jon Holt : Jon /Merlin333
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday   PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:38 pm

Yeah that's the incident I was talking about.

I'm with you on the "set deck" thing. I think that to is a perception. If the deck is constantly shuffling you can't help but think (if you get a bad hand) "my hand would have been better back there where the A was being dealt to me if not for that damn constantly shuffling deck." I personally feel more comfortable with the deck being shuffled, set, dealt and letting the chips fall where they may.

I've played "live" about 4 times each time I finished big! I have really been playing serious for a short time (since I joined RailBirds) and having a working live where people interaction is important, I found it MUCH easier than playing online. It seemed so obvious to me what the opposition was doing. I guess the opposition in person was like a blind persons sight suddenly coming on and everything just popping out after looking at a dead monitor. The funny thing is that 2 of those games the opposition knew I was an online player and they completely underestimated my ability and I just CRUSHED 'em - it was too funny.

Merlin333 Cool
Back to top Go down
nevadanick
Wizard
Wizard
nevadanick

Male
Number of posts : 25
Favorite Poker Site and Achievement : Pokerstars
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday   PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:59 am

I went out around 1400 after several bad beats. Not necessarily their fault, but the cynical tentacles are further extended. Really don't have enough time to play that many sites. With all the options on PS & FT and the added features and games thru several forums, it keeps me bug-eyed enough - lol.

Didn't play the VIP today. Got into the stud Round 2. Got to 352 of almost 5,000 for $1.00 - lol. I just let it join some other 'friends' I'm building up there in the BR. Every bit helps when you don't/won't deposit online (like me).

If it's the same Ferg/Lederer thing from a little while back, I understand they were joking and someone misinterpretted what they said and accepted it as fact. I understand Full Tilt's opinion that 'constant shuffle' means no one could ever know what card is coming next, but I prefer a set deck. Been playing live too long I guess. I can't imagine sitting at a table watching the dealer shuffle the remaining deck during betting rounds - lol.

GL - cya...
Back to top Go down
Merlin333
Merlin333
Merlin333

Male

PostSubject: Re: PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday   PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:55 pm

I played the second game, played poorly and busted out around 1900. My fault no patience no excuses that's what I get.

Merlin333 Cool
Back to top Go down
Merlin333
Merlin333
Merlin333

Male

PostSubject: Re: PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday   PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:02 pm

Boy I've read more RNG stuff than I need to. I read a story about someone supposedly overhearing Chris Ferguson and Howard Lederer talking about "action cards" being dealt and Tilt's RNG - interesting......

These sites, whatever method they use, claim religiously that their shuffling method is COMPLETELY immutably accurate and COMPLETELY impossible to pre-determine and unequivocally random! I think this RNG business is another "story" that will have to be added to myth - We PROMISE our DEALER is ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY RANDOM!!!.

I agree with you, I think the rabbit and its use is completely useless, completely misleading on sites that use "continous shuffle" and betrays an underlying "weakness" of the player or as you put it need to see something. I just let it go - why bother dealing with something that you can't change?

My approach to this game is that, although I know the math am not a math genius and sometimes go against it, math is one of many elements to this game and winning relies heavily on underlying personality traits and habits that expose you to doing the wrong thing if you have no knowledge or control of them - I KNOW for me that's true. Kind of like the boxer who is technically perfect but the first time he get's punched in the nose all of that technical expertise is GONE. One guy in the PDC game yesterday was a good player had a big chiplead, took a BIG hit holding a good hand then launched directly into tilt, "this game is rigged", "it's only a freeroll", "I don't have the time" then losers lounge. I see this all of the time.

Oh well, that's poker. I thought I had something else to do today but I'm playing the second game today too and the VIP on Stars.

Merlin333 Cool
Back to top Go down
nevadanick
Wizard
Wizard
nevadanick

Male

PostSubject: Re: PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday   PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:31 pm

I checked their FAQ and it says that 'freeroll winnings' are only held for 7 days before you can make a withdrawal, but the funds are available for play. Seems they may have dropped the 'raked hand' requirement.

Do tend to agree about cynical tentacles being stimulated. I had one short run of extremely good cards and boards, then went completely card dead in a heartbeat. Think I went out ~400th. (At least it was YOU that got my chippies ... Shocked ... Very Happy .

I did check on their FAQ and the 'fairness & security' page shows:

"PDC Poker uses a RNG (random number generator) to ensure that all players are dealt a fair deal hand each and every game. The RNG system produces innumerable permutations and combinations in the 52-card deck that is virtually impossible to predict. The numbers must be unpredictable and not related to each other in any way to be considered truly random.
The PDC Poker random number generator, has been tested and certified by Gaming Associates on behalf of the Kahnawake Gaming Commission as a part of the licensing process. The random number generator has been found to deal cards from the deck such that each card has an equal chance of being selected unless it had already been dealt in the poker game."

This seems to indicate they use a pseudo-RNG, not a true-RNG, with cards being dealt 'on demand'. I prefer a site like Stars where the deck is completely set before the first card is dealt, just as it is at a live table.

Something interesting - if I recall, didn't I see a 'rabbit' feature on PDC? Would be rather pointless, as well as extremely misleading, if they do not preset the entire deck. The rabbit cards would be totally different than the cards that might have been dealt during regular hand play.

If the entire deck is not preset, offering a 'rabbit' feature is simply exploiting human nature. It's like satisfying the need to see 'something', even if it isn't true. Myself, I never use the rabbit anywhere since that leans more towards playing 'result oriented' poker and isn't a great strategy, IMO.

Anyway, I'm registered for today. We'll give it another go. GL. I'll come back after today's tourney and enter the poll selection.
Back to top Go down
Merlin333
Merlin333
Merlin333

Male

PostSubject: Re: PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday   PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 6:05 pm

Yeah Nick I never played at Pokercs. Another player told me that - I haven't confirmed they retained those guidelines - I'll try to find out.

I kinda like Carbon - since it was the MERGE network I'd give it a try. I went out at 90th (ITM was 50th). The play was as expected - just like the other MERGE skins. I played pretty well throughout. I really thought I'd final table it then I went completely card dead at 2K blinds, then a player A high str8's my K high str8.

Uncharacteristically - I'm pissed because this player was a complete card rack, showed most of his hands, had the nuts most times and inflamed my cynical nature. I don't think I've ever seen a player hit so many good hands!!

Enough whining for a month, That's poker
Merlin333 Cool
Back to top Go down
nevadanick
Wizard
Wizard
nevadanick

Male

PostSubject: Re: PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday   PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 3:21 pm

Hadn't been on Poker.com for a while, now I think I recall why.

Their 'freereoll winnings' are not winnings at all. After you 'win', you get to try to 'win' it all over again, while they take part of it back in rakes. What a deal...

Sure. it's so called 'free money' - but IMO, for the money these sites 'rake in', if they're going to offer something, DO IT. If you've 'earned' something, it should be yours.

GL at the tables.
Back to top Go down
Merlin333
Merlin333
Merlin333

Male

PostSubject: Re: PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday   PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:54 pm

REGISTRATION STARTS AT 7:00AM EST
Back to top Go down
Merlin333
Merlin333
Merlin333

Male

PostSubject: PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday   PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:21 pm

In addition to the new software, we are also running two $2500
freerolls exclusive to PDC Poker to help launch the new brand:

What: $2500 Welcome to PDC Poker Freeroll
When: Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th August at 1pm server time
Where: PDC Poker--> Tournaments-->Scheduled-->Special

Both are absolutely free for Merlin333 players to enter!!
There
is also a fantastic new Initial Bonus code to go along with the launch. Simply enter PDCPOKER2000 into the cashier to receive 200% up to $2000. The coupon is only valid to the end of September so if your going to use it use it before then.

If you play, take a look at the poll and enter an assessment of your experience playing on this site. Feel free to write a review if you like.

Merlin333 Cool

PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday 468x60

Last edited by Merlin333 on Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday   PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PDC Poker 2,500 Freeroll promotion 2 $2,500 Freerolls Saturday and Sunday
Page 1 of 1