Merlin333 Poker Forum
Merlin333 Poker Forum
Merlin333 Poker Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online No Limit Poker Player's Forum

HomeHome  InFoPageInFoPage  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  No Limit PokerNo Limit Poker  

This has been a good week

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vger76
Grand Wizard
Grand Wizard
vger76

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-04-21

This has been a good week Empty
PostSubject: Re: This has been a good week   This has been a good week I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:50 pm

Jon, you are correct about a small about of politeness. You are truly a gentleman in your table presence.

Usually when I play life, I am the single female at my table and always start with good luck gentlemen.. It typically takes them off guard.

I tell players good luck just as we are seating that I have been chatting with in the area or at the end of each break.

As I change tables, it is seldom said.. However, each and everytime when we start the final table I say it again.

GLA
Back to top Go down
theOMEGAN
Grand Wizard
Grand Wizard
theOMEGAN

Male
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: This has been a good week   This has been a good week I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:46 pm

LOL I am glad I am not a member of railbirds anymore, seemed to stunt my growth and my ability to speek freely.
But well done John. I know you have it in you and can't wait to see what you are truely capable of doing. You know I play my best emotionallesss and without thought.
I meet you a long time ago and have always respected your game, just sometimes you don't respect others and find yourself in trouble. Not all the time mind you, but enough to keep tripping you up and having you scrtach your head thinking.
I am sure your game will pick up once you are done with most of the workload you have taken up in this adventure.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 67
Favorite Poker Site and Achievement : PokerStars
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: This has been a good week   This has been a good week I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:11 pm

I know the feeling, I'm a member of RailBirds and last year in Nov I was well into the top 100 (last year they had a tournament that included the top 100 for a WSOP seat). People started playing every game top accumulate points - I couldn't. I fell down and down until I ended up about 130th - I COULD NOT BUY, BEG, BORROW OR STEAL A GAME FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR.

Finally, when it was too late, I determined why. I was multiplaying 2 games. One a tournament of not much significance, the other a RailBird game I really needed to win - I was playing so badly, chasing, playing too many hands pressing everything - it was no wonder I fell off the chart. It took playing games side by side to actually see the difference.

Merlin333 Cool
Back to top Go down
https://merlin333.forumotion.com
ythelongface
Apprentice
Apprentice
ythelongface

Male
Number of posts : 7
Favorite Poker Site and Achievement : pokerstars, qualfying for weekly r2 twice in same week.
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: This has been a good week   This has been a good week I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:54 am

congrats. its always nice to have a week like that. i am hoping to have one here before too long. me thinks im overdue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yahoo.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 67
Favorite Poker Site and Achievement : PokerStars
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: This has been a good week   This has been a good week I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 1:29 pm

I finished ITM in 5 of the nine games I played this week - won points in 2 RailBirds games after a bleak streak.

I won the CardSchat game on UltimateBet on Wednesday - it was a very good game with a lot of players more experienced than I. I ended up 15th in the RSOP (Radio series of poker) - 5 places out of the final for a WSOP seat and the times I was beaten - it was by suckout or losses I could and should have avoided but for mental relapse.

Which brings me to the point. The game of poker is a mental one, a 7th grader can learn the math. I have a personality of confidence (sometimes too much), combativeness (sometimes too much) and fearlessness (sometimes too much) when I can differentiate between being guided improperly by these character traits - impulses I win - when I can't I lose - simple.

More often than I like to admit I think "### the math I'm gonna bust the opposition" or "I'm gonna bust this whining, namecaller no matter what" - the key is removing this counterproductive junk from my decision-making. I found a driver for forcing my "playing too may hands syndrome". I ALWAYS keep in mind to balance how much I like the action with how much I HATE losing - losing is much worse.

Why this is more difficult than the math is that who we are is so ingrained in what we do, how we do things and react to people and situations, frequently we can't see what is really driving our decision-making until its over.

I had a player ask me once "why are you so polite - don't you want to win", another said after some players at the beginning of a game said "GLA" he responded "no gl here, that's just the way I roll". Well the first guy probably was never at a game I was in where namecallers and "experts" were. In my view it is blindingly childish to think that a little politeness to the competition means you don't want to win. Incidentally the second guy "Mr Super-Competitive" went out in 4 hands - typical.

Merlin333 Cool
Back to top Go down
https://merlin333.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This has been a good week   This has been a good week I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This has been a good week
Page 1 of 1