Merlin333 Poker Forum
Merlin333 Poker Forum
Merlin333 Poker Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online No Limit Poker Player's Forum

HomeHome  InFoPageInFoPage  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  No Limit PokerNo Limit Poker  

On calling people Donkeys.......

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkStuart
Magician
Magician
MarkStuart

Male
Number of posts : 21
Favorite Poker Site and Achievement : reading
Registration date : 2011-01-13

On calling people Donkeys....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On calling people Donkeys.......   On calling people Donkeys....... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:53 am

Thanks for your sharing. I think you're right. It looks very useful
Back to top Go down
http://AlfredCaspagfhjghdfgh@163.comr@126.com
konawajim
Visitor
Visitor
konawajim

Female
Number of posts : 1
Favorite Poker Site and Achievement : Full Tilt
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: On calling people Donkeys.......   On calling people Donkeys....... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:52 pm

Thanks for pointing me here GOOD READ
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 67
Favorite Poker Site and Achievement : PokerStars
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: On calling people Donkeys.......   On calling people Donkeys....... I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:39 pm

I don't see the necessity of berating other players. I wish all of my competition "Donks out" so I can win every game. Just like every other player, I've seen plays made that, in my view, were totally "wrong". I'm sure that I've made some myself - along with each and every other player. I've seen players follow players around from table to table calling their mother names, cursing the player who just busted them. Most of these guys are oblivious to how stupid and childish they
look and that this conduct reflects more on their character than the bad play. I think some of these antics are helped by the anonymity of the internet. How many of these "virtual tough guys" would do this in real life?

Ultimately a person compelled to name call other players has to ask "why am I doing this, how do I benefit from calling opponents names"? Is it to "help", "teach", embarrass to make yourself feel better - what?

Occasionally I have similar feelings about an opponents game that I hear from name callers. I'd feel a little childish and stupid to actually sit there and type it out - for hours. To rethink what happened, maybe improve my own play as a result what happened or if I'm still in, take advantage of a
weakness seems the smartest thing to do. The discipline of not wasting the time, losing concentration and reducing yourself to his stuff shows a lack of discipline. Discipline is the main ingredient in becoming a winning player. If you waste your resources and concentration on this "stuff" it can't help your game or the outcome of your play. I watched a game Greg Raymer was in on Stars and every penny-ante little twerp in the game just totally berated him on everything from weight to "you can't play" - he didn't return a single jibe but proceeded to bust each and every one of the namecallers. I thought he showed a lot of class to a bunch of classless punks. While I won't start name calling I won't sit there and take it - I still have some growing up to do.

A funny thing is that if you read closely what is typically written in blogs and posts about "bad beats" and "this donk did this or that" often there is not enough information to make an intelligent assessment of what happened, when there is often the writer is the poor player.

Which brings me to my last point, playing well requires a
knowledge and command of many poker skills and making correct decisions of how and when to apply them all right now is inexact. The more you know and the better you are the more likely you are to accurately assess who was the donk -
after all losing hands are sometimes good plans that didn't turn out the way you thought - not always because you are a "donk".

To beginners every hand they lose is because a "donk" who
didn't deserve to beat them". If you always lose to "bad players" chasing a 3 outer, I guarantee you "Donks" aren't the only thing wrong with your game. The better you play the fewer times luck will bust you - but luck will still sometimes bust you.

Merlin333
Cool
Back to top Go down
https://merlin333.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On calling people Donkeys.......   On calling people Donkeys....... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On calling people Donkeys.......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Merlin333 Poker Forum :: DISCUSSION & BLOGS :: Merlin Blog's (in their entirety) :: Merlin Blog's ......-
Jump to: